Your Stories terms & conditions
Thanks for being part of the New Zealand Cycle Trail online community. Signing up and uploading your story is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions:
By uploading your story, you:
- agree that Ngā Haerenga New Zealand Cycle Trail Inc. (NZCT Inc.) may publish your uploaded photo (plus your first name, the names of the people included in the photo or image if disclosed, the location, and text included in your submission) on the NZCT Inc. website (nzcycletrail.com), and that it may also be used via social media to promote the New Zealand Cycle Trail
- confirm the photo or image is your property or that you have permission from the intellectual property rights/copyright holder in the photo or image to use it
- confirm that you have permission from anyone else featured in your photo (and if under 16 their parents' or guardian’s permission) to submit and publish the photo
- acknowledge that NZCT Inc. will not have any liability in connection with the use or publication of your photo and text.
To the extent permitted by law, you release and indemnify NZCT Inc. against any claims or liability associated with use or publication of the photo or image.
You acknowledge that NZCT Inc. may make minor edits to the text submitted, but only to correct errors or inaccuracies. Permission to make any significant changes will be sought via email.
NZCT Inc. reserve the right not to publish any submission.
Who can submit an image?
To submit an image you must be 16 years or older. If you’re under 16, your parents or guardians must agree to these terms and conditions on your behalf.
How to submit your story
Upload your photo/image and story to the NZCT Inc. website by signing in or creating an account, and uploading your photo along with accompanying text describing the photo or your biking adventure (max 150 words). Click the Great Ride where the photo was taken, or click on ‘Heartland Rides’, or ‘other’, as applicable.
Photos and images should be in jpg or png format and be no larger than 6MB (ideally at least 1MB).
Users may submit as many different photos as they like!
Where does my photo go?
- All accepted submissions will be displayed in the NZCT Inc. website’s Your Stories community page.
- You agree that NZCT Inc. shall have the right to store electronically any photos sent in and may use them on social media to promote the New Zealand Cycle Trail.
- NZCT Inc. may wish to use the photos for use in other online and print publications, but will contact you via email to seek permission first.
What could prevent my story from being posted?
NZCT Inc. reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, not to display or remove a story if it believes the story:
- breaches another person’s or company’s intellectual property
- breaches any law or shows behaviour that is unsafe
- is inappropriate or is likely to offend a reasonable person (we celebrate creativity and free expression so we’ll be fair about it).
Other legal stuff
- The NZCT accepts no responsibility for any technical issues arising that prevent a submission being uploaded.
- The NZCT reserves the right to request such further information as they may reasonably require in relation to any submission. You agree to help us out with this request, including confirming your ownership of the photo, proof of consent from any other people shown in the photo or any proof of identification or age.
All personal information will be collected and stored by NZCT Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. By submitting a story, you consent to the use of your information as described above.
We welcome queries
If you have queries, please send an email to email@example.com, or contact New Zealand Cycle Trail Inc., 175 Victoria Street, Wellington 6011, New Zealand.